Queensland Stoma Association Ltd (QSA) seeks to ensure that our services are designed and delivered in ways that encourage our Service Users to engage with their community.
QSA is committed to encouraging participants and families to exercise choice and control through providing feedback, raising issues, and participating in decisions that impact on our service development and delivery.
To meet its objective of assisting members living with an ostomy to return to and enjoy a normal quality of life following ostomy surgery, QSA will:
- provide support and opportunities to encourage persons living with a stoma to actively engage, participate and contribute to the development of QSA’s support activities and services
- provide encouragement to persons living with a stoma to actively engage, participate and contribute to the own social community
- support our Service Users to develop independence and competence with their stoma management, through the development of ostomy specific information to be made available through a range of communication methods
- Structure programs and services to be provided in a way that facilitates the participation of Service Users (where possible)
- Collaborate with other organizations and community groups to help provide positive outcomes for our Service Users.