Ostomates wishing to access free appliances through the Stoma Appliance Scheme must be a member of one of the 21 National Associations located throughout Australia and pay a compulsory annual Stoma Appliance Scheme Access (SAS) Fee. The SAS Fee is an annual amount set by the Department of Health for access to the Stoma Appliance Scheme. The SAS Access Fee is a compulsory fee and is payable once per financial year upon lodgement of the first request for supply of ostomy products through the scheme for that financial year. The fee is to be paid to the Stoma Association where a member usually obtains their stoma-related products.
Ostomates make the choice of Association based on their individual needs.
Benefits of being a Queensland Stoma Association member include access to stoma related information, regular Association newsletters, free subscription to “Ostomy Australia” magazine, and advice and support on all non-medical aspects of living with a stoma. An Application for Membership of Queensland Stoma Association Inc can be downloaded here.
By applying to become a member of Queensland Stoma Association Inc, applicants:
- Agree to abide by the Associations Rules and Member Code of Conduct.
Annual Subscription Fees 2018/2019:
- Non concession – $60 (representing SAS Access Fee $60 + association membership fee $0)
- Concession – $50 (representing SAS Access Fee $50 + association membership fee $0)
Annual Subscription Fees 2019/2020:
- Non concession – $62 (representing SAS Access Fee $60 + association membership fee $2)
- Concession – $52 (representing SAS Access Fee $50 + association membership fee $2)
Please note that a valid Centrelink Issued Healthcare or Pension card must be presented if paying the concessional subscription fee